Search This Blog

Monday 22 November 2010

Nick Griffin's MEP Climate Change speech flagged up on award winning website

Climate Change speech flagged up on award winning website

NOVEMBER 2010: ONE of America's foremost Climate Change sceptics regularly views Nick Griffin's MEP website to see what he is saying in the European Parliament on the subject.


 Anthony Watts (right), a former television meteorologist who spent 25 years on the air and who also operates a weather technology and content business, has a skeptical view of CO2-driven global warming.
His website Watts Up With That has been described as the "world's most viewed climate website" and in 2008 it won the internet voting-based "Best Science Blog" Wizbang Weblog Award.
Back in June, Anthony Watts flagged up on his website one of Nick's speeches in the European Parliament on Climate Change. It was when the MEP for the North West of England warned that Climate Change scepticism could soon be a criminal offence within the EU.
"I wonder if we will see some of our nemesis bloggers denounced this? I certainly do," he announced, carrying a link to Nick's speech.
This exchange of ideas upset fanatics in the Climate Change lobby who denounced Anthony Watts as promoting the British National Party.
"While I have a skeptical view of certain climate issues, I consider myself 'green' and promote the idea of energy savings and alternate energy generation," Mr Watts responded on his website.
"Unlike many who just talk about it, I’ve put a 10KW solar array on my home, retrofitted it with CFL’s and better insulation, as well as installing timer switches on many of our most commonly used lights. I also drive an electric car for my daily around town routine."