Search This Blog

Thursday 24 June 2010

Dear Chancellor



 

Dear Chancellor


Charity they say, begins at home. Not so?
I was over at my mate Old Holborn’s place today and there was a rather interesting link, something I hadn’t seen before, or in fact even bothered to look for. It was a link to the Department for International Development, and it gave a break down, country by country of just how much money Great Britain donates to other countries in order for them to “develop”. Frankly, and I’m sure you’ll agree some of those places are beyond help and should be completely cut off. If I had my way it’s be all of them but since I know that’ll never happen and there’s even less of a chance I’ll ever be in a position to decide, I’ll leave the deciding up to someone else.
So I thought I’d demonstrate a breakdown of every single country we as “Saviours of the Universe” donate to, and the grand total, to show any visitors to my site how much poo-poo we could save ourselves.
The figures are for 08/09. I may have missed one or two but I’m sure you’ll get the gist. Also do yourself a favour and go and visit the website, you pick up strange things like St Helena, population 4000, aid received £35.7 million.
Eastern & Southern Africa
eritrea 3.7 million
ethiopia 165.5 million
kenya 102.7 million
lesotho 6.2 million
madagascar 9.3 million
malawi 77.3 million
mozambique 65.5 million
somalia 35 million
south africa 40.6 million
tanzania 132.7 million
Uganda 71.1 million
zambia 46.9 million
zimbabwe 57.3 million
West and Central Africa
Angola 3.3 million
Burundi 10.4 million
Cameroon 6.8 million
Congo 93.9 million
Ghana 99.5 million
Liberia 16.7 million
Nigeria 110.5 million
Rwanda 70.1 million
Sierra Leone 47.8 million
Middle East and North Africa
Iraq 32.8 million
Occupied Territories of Palestine 41.3 million
Sudan 106.8 million
Yemen 12.1 million
Asia South
Afghanistan 147.5 million
Bangladesh 132.9 million
India 297 million
Nepal 58 million
Pakistan 120 million
Sri Lanka 19.4 million
Asia Central
Kyrgyzstan 9.4 million
Tajikistan 5 million
Asia East and Pacific
Burma 56.7 million
Cambodia 17.7 million
China 40.2 million
East Timor 2.1 million
Indonesia 36.6 million
Vietnam 55.1 million
Caribbean
Guyana 2.5 million
Jamaica 3.6 million
Europe
Bosnia 4.1 million
Georgia 8.2 million
Kosovo 17.7 million
Serbia 2.9 million
Ukraine 0.9 million
Latin America
Brazil 0.86 million
Nicaragua 3.9 million
Overseas Territories
Montserrat 16.3 million
St Helena 35.7 million
GRAND TOTAL: £2560 MILLION in Aid to other countries. That’s in 1, yes one year.
I dare you to tell us there’s not enough money for the lads in Afghanistan.
* My maths might not be too accurate, but I think I’m close enough.
Author You Have been Cromwelled